All characters should be created using Herolab. If you do not have access to Herolab, or need access to packages you have not purchased, please create your character on the GM’s laptop.
- Each character is built using standard character creation rules… 400 BP, 200 BP Max for Attribtes, 50 BP Max for money (not including adjustments due to In Debt or Born Rich Qualities).
- NOTE If you take the In Debt Negative Quality, you must adjust the number of BP’s spent as hero lab incorrectly calculates the totals. Go to the Personal Tab, click the Permanent Adjustments Button, and click on Build Pints Spent. Add one point for every level of In debt you take (ie. you spend 30 poins on the quality, you adjust your points spen to +6).
- Each character receives ((Charisma+Edge) X 2)+ 4 BP for starting Build Points (to be added using the Permanent Adjustments – Build Points under the Personal Tab). The additional 4 BP are for Carl Levins, a connection 4 NPC Contact every player knows (you still have to pay for his Loyalty). This should be the last detil done before the initial character creation is finished, so as the BP’s for this is not spent on other details.
- Once you are happy with the initial build, go to the advances page and lock your character. Then click on the Journal tab. You receive 50 Karma to spend as you wish. In addition, roll your DOUBLE your Edge and consult the following chart for how much additional nuyen you receive:
|1+||25k per success|
|crit. glitch||10k total but receive the In Debt Quality as well|
- Equipment purchasing. If you have the funds available with the additional cash (note, you can not add in your initial build funds to this amount, as you should have already rolled your starting funds), then you can buy it regardless of availability. So you want that 24F Sniper Rifle and have the funds… congrats, you can purchase it. BUT, you may only buy Beta level Cybergear and Bioware. Sorry. And remember, while you can get licenses for those R rated gear, anything that is F rated will get you in trouble if caught regardless of any licensing you may have.